Team ROAR enforces mandatory guidelines for all volunteers participating in our organization. These guidelines are not negotiable or optional and are expected to be followed by every participating volunteer. They ensure the expectations for security, safety and professionalism are met at all times. These guidelines are in addition to, not a replacement for any other volunteer guidelines. All volunteers will be required to sign a Team ROAR Volunteer Guideline Acceptance Form (VGAF) expressing their consent to the guidelines enforced.
All volunteers must
- All volunteers servicing our youth population, including workshops and events will undergo an interview by our Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
- All volunteers will undergo a security background screening. This is our commitment to ensuring a safe and friendly environment for our youth is maintained at all times.
- All volunteers must possess the will, desire and patience to service our youth population and communities.
- All volunteers must possess vibrant energy at all times, display exemplary leadership skills and be a positive motivator.
- All volunteers must display the highest levels of integrity and respect for themselves, Team ROAR, the youth population and servicing communities at all times.
- All volunteers must adhere to the Team ROAR prioritization model of education first and basketball second.
- All volunteers at the scholar level must adhere to the student service learning (SSL) rules established by governance bodies.